January 2022 – Prayer Letter
Dear Beloved Brethren and Co-Laborers,
We trust and pray that everyone had a blessed New Year’s Day 2022 but most of all thanking God for giving us another opportunity to serve Him in another year. We don’t know what is ahead but one thing we do know, we need to focus on Him and to the service He has called us. We thank everyone for your continued prayers and support. By His grace and mercy, we pray this year will be more fruitful and for His glory.
As always, we cannot over state this, we thank and we will keep on thanking our Eternal God, Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for sending us on this glorious mission. It is truly a joy as we do His will even in difficult times.We pray that His Holy Spirit will keep on guiding us in the right path of righteousness, to be obedient and faithful until the end. We understand that we are living in difficult times and we do immensely thank you for your support, prayers and we praise the Lord for your faithfulness.
As we keep on pressing on this glorious journey, the restrictions for the month of January was the same as it was in December. Let’s hope the weekends will remain the same but we never know with the government.
As we press on, please pray and continue to pray for the following prayer request:
- Continue praying for the project that I have been working on, Outlines and Commentaries in Spanish for all the Books of the Bible. It is a very long journey on this Opus that the Lord has laid on my heart. I don’t know how many days, months or years that the Lord is going to give me in order to work on this project, by the time I leave this earth to be with my Lord, I would like leave a legacy behind that will honor the Lord and for His glory. I am still working and revising the 1st Epistle of John as I have mentioned in our last prayer letter, it will take me a while to finish it even though I have already written the Outline for all the chapters.As I have mentioned in our previous letter, I have put a booklet together of my experience in the hospital San Juan de Dios in San José, Costa Rica, based on Romans 8:28 written in Spanish and English. The title is: Focusing and Trusting in GOD in the midst of Difficulties & Storms. It is being printed at the moment by Macedonia World Baptist Missions and hoping to have it finished by the end of this year. You can preview the booklet on our website www.guilbauds2costarica.com under BOOKS – Spanish & English.The Commentaries and Outlines can also be seen on our website under the Tab Spanish Bible Commentaries & Outlines, as well my preaching under Media/ Sermons in Spanish and Sermons Notes under Spanish Sermons, Notes and Outlines.
- Our health in order to work in His vineyard. Three weeks ago, my wife started to feel very bad, then on January 13, early in the morning, she passed out and I had to rush her immediately to the closest Hospital, Metropolitan, in the area, which is a private hospital because the other public hospital was too far. Upon arriving to the Emergency, right away, they started treating her; they started giving her IV and doing all kinds of Lab Tests. We were there for the whole day until she was released at 4:00PM. According to the doctor, she was totally dehydrated and her thyroids (TSH) was very high, 6.83 compared to the norm which is 0.30 to 4.00. They gave her medications of which she will have to take for the rest of her life. The doctor told me that she could have died if I didn’t bring her to the Emergency that morning.
As for me, it is going to be a long process for my recuperation. I still have some liquid in my stomach, according to the doctor it will take a while for it to dissipate but that should not stop me to continue my normal activities but to be careful to not abuse my body. Continue praying for both of us for physical strength. With all these physical setbacks, we need to be in good health to keep going to the work that God has called us to do according to His will, as we know He is in control of our lives. What the Lord started, He will fulfill it and keep His promises as long we are faithful to Him to the end – Philippians 1: 6. Thank you for your prayers, it means a lot to us.
3. Place for the ministry – We received the drawings from the Association (the Owner). I started to gather all information and documents in order to submit them to the Federal College of Engineers and Architects to review them, including my drawings; once that’s done and approved, we will submit them to the Ministry of Health and the Corps of Firemen for their final approval.
4. Pray about the COVID – 19, it keeps on increasing and has surpassed 682,480 cases with 7,533 deaths. It is mandatory to wear a mask everywhere you go and if you don’t, you will not be allow to come in unless if you are in open air keeping your distance.
5. Pray regarding the assembly of churches, the Ministry of Health has not given the full 100% to start because of the continuing increase of COVID – 19 cases.Some Churches have started to congregate, the allowable occupancy is still at 50% due to the COVID restrictions. Most churches are virtual on Sunday and Wednesday evenings and presencial on Sunday mornings.
6. Regarding our trip to the States. We are planning to be there for a month from March 28 to April 29, 2022. We will be mostly in Virginia and Georgia because it would be impossible to go to all the churches that are supporting us during that period of time, we have a very busy schedule. At the same time while we are in the States, we will be seeing our doctors for a complete check-up as well.
7. Regarding the Lab tests that were done for me, everything seems to be good; except for my PSA level, it has not improved with the medications that I was taking (it went up to 12.23, no good at all) so now the doctor gave me some other medications for seven days, 4 times daily and hoping and praying that will worked and for a better result.
Our support is still at 84%. We pray and trusting in the Lord that it will go up by the time we start the ministry; even though we are very eager to start but the Lord knows what He is doing, (Psalms 27: 14).
Safety with Travels
Protection on the road and the COVID – 19. My wife almost got killed twice by some crazy drivers. Pray for our protection.
Schedule of Meetings
It will be a blessing if we can have meetings via the internet, with the Lord nothing is impossible.
Softness of Attitude
To stay close to God and focus on Him and the mission that is set before us, not on our circumstances because it very easy to get discourage at times.
- Praise the Lord that I am slowly recuperating with no major issues. Praise Him for His protection over us.
- Praise the Lord for the two baptism we had this month.
Beloved Brethren, may the love of the Almighty God, the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you All. Amen!
Brother Jean-Claude & Sister Matilde Guilbaud
Under His Wings Reaching the World for His Glory! Reach the World, Reach for Christ.