April 2022 – Prayer Letter
Dear Beloved Brethren and Co-Laborers,
As always, we cannot over state this, we thank and we will keep on thanking our Eternal God, Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for sending us on this glorious mission. It is truly a joy as we do His will even in difficult times.We pray that His Holy Spirit will keep on guiding us in the right path of righteousness, to be obedient and faithful until the end. We understand that we are living in difficult times and we do immensely thank you for your support, prayers and we praise the Lord for your faithfulness.
FURLOUGH MEETINGS AND TRAVEL UPDATES
As we announced last month, we were going to be on furlough from March 28 through April 29, 2022. Sorry for some of the confusion in our last prayer letter. We have been greatly blessed visiting some of the churches in Virginia and Georgia, as well seeing all the Brethren and spending some time with the family.
It is always humbling and a great honor when a pastor gives me their pulpit to preach God’s Word and share the ministry He has called us to, not to mention committing to pray and financially supporting us. We also expressed our gratitude to those who provided places for us to stay, who took their time to fellowship with us and thankful to the Lord for safe traveling mercies. Travel can become wearisome, but the Lord strengthened us despite of some setbacks.
We had the privilege to speak to people and inviting them to the services and some did come, we were honored by their presence.
We distributed to all the churches and to some personal contacts the booklet that I have written ‘Focusing and Trusting in GOD in the midst of Difficulties and Storms”, it was a blessing and humbly received. We pray that it will be a blessing to the edification of the body of Christ and a witness to the world. We can’t wait to distribute them to churches and the people of Costa Rica, the Spanish version.
All the pictures of our visit to the churches can be seen on our Facebook page ‘Jean-Claude & Matilde Guilbaud – Missionaries to Costa Rica’ on the following links:
Liberty Baptist Church – Evington, VA
Gospel Light Baptist Church – Evington, VA
Calvary Baptist Church – Smithfield, VA
New Berean Baptist Church – Portsmouth, VA
Biltmore Baptist Church – Portsmouth, VA
Fellowship Baptist Church – Chesapeake, VA
Maranatha Baptist Church – Yorktown, VA
Central Baptist Church – Yorktown, VA
Tabernacle Baptist Church – Virginia Beach, VA
Pine Grove Baptist Church – Stockbridge, GA
Old Suwanee Baptist Church – Buford, GA
Calvary Baptist Church – Norfolk, VA
Now that we are back on the mission field, we have a lot of work to do and ahead of us.
As we press on, please continue to pray for the following prayer request:
- Continue praying for the project that I have been working on, Outlines and Commentaries in Spanish for all the Books of the Bible. I have not worked on it for a month since we have been in the States. I am still working on the 1st Epistle of John, at the moment I am still in Chapter 2 verse 28. The booklet that I wrote and titled Focusing and Trusting in GOD in the midst of Difficulties & Storms has been distributed to all the churches that we visited and it was a great blessing. For those of you who didn’t get a copy, you can download one from our website www.guilbauds2costarica.com under BOOKS – Spanish & English. The Commentaries and Outlines can also be seen on our website under the Tab Spanish Bible Commentaries & Outlines, as well my preaching under Media/ Sermons in Spanish and Sermons Notes under Spanish Sermons, Notes and Outlines.
- Our health in order to work in His vineyard. Thank you for your prayers while we were in the States even though we had some setbacks by being sick with a cold due to the change in temperature.
- Place for the ministry – Now that we are back on the mission field, we have a lot of work to do; looking for a new place for the church due to the bad news we received before we left. Pray with us as we ask the Lord for wisdom, guidance and direction concerning this matter. Continue praying regarding a piece of property that we have been looking at in our area that the Zoning will be suitable for a church building; we are going to schedule an appointment to meet with the zoning official so we can discuss the property and or other options. But in the meantime, we have no other choice to rent in order to save money to purchase that property once we have the church established or another property, according to the Lord’s will.
4. Pray about the COVID – 19, it keeps on increasing and as of May 2nd it has surpassed 852,074 cases with 8,405 deaths. It is still mandatory to wear a mask everywhere you go.
5. Pray regarding the assembly of churches, it is the same in regards to the restrictions from the Ministry of Health.
Our support is still at 84%. We pray and trusting in the Lord that it will go up by the time we start the ministry; even though we are very eager to start but the Lord knows what He is doing,
Safety with Travels
Protection on the road and the COVID – 19 which still lingers here in Costa Rica.
Schedule of Meetings
It will be a blessing if we can have meetings via the internet, with the Lord nothing is impossible.
Softness of Attitude
To stay close to God and focus on Him and the mission that is set before us, not on our circumstances because it very easy to get discourage at times and Satan, as always, wants to put his nose in God’s business.
- Praise the Lord for His protection and provision while we were in States.
- Praise the Lord for all the meetings we have had and for all the blessings we have received from all the churches.
- Praise the Lord for the good results we had from our doctors in the states.
Beloved Brethren, may the love of the Almighty God, the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you All. Amen!
Brother Jean-Claude & Sister Matilde Guilbaud
Reach the World, Reach for Christ; Under His Wings Reaching the World for His