April 2021 – Prayer Letter
Dear Beloved Brethren and Co-Laborers,
As always, we cannot over state this, we thank and we will keep on thanking our Eternal God, Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for sending us on this glorious mission. It is truly a joy as we do His will even in difficult times.We pray that His Holy Spirit will keep on guiding us in the right path of righteousness and to be obedient and faithful until the end. We understand that we are living in difficult times and we do immensely thank you for your support, prayers and we praise the Lord for your faithfulness.
As we keep on pressing on this glorious journey, the restrictions for the month of April has been changed to what it was before during this time last year, LOCKDOWN; everything is close except for government offices, hospitals, pharmacies, supermarkets, banks until further notice from the Ministry of Health. We can’t go out on Sundays and Mondays due to our license plates and the restriction is now from 7:00PM through 7:00AM for the whole country. Even though we can’t go out on Sundays, we have a formal letter from Bible Baptist Church of Calle Blancos, Pastor Sergio Matarrita that we can because I am one of the Pastors of the church, once the restrictions are lifted.
As we press on, please pray and continue to pray for the following prayer request:
- Continue praying for our Bible Studies on Fridays and Preaching on Sundays virtuallyvia Live Stream Facebook. Pray about the connection because every time we start the broadcast within 5 minutes it cuts us off and we have a hard time continuing, it can be very frustrating.
- Our health in order to work in His vineyard.
- Place for the ministry – Now that we have our residence, we are concentrating on the ministry. We started checking on the procedures required on the place for the ministry. The owner of the locale has approved the usage as a church. We have submitted an application to the Building Department and it has been approved for the Land Usage; now we are in the process of submitting an application to the Department of Health for their review and approval in order to get a permit of functionality (they are very demanding and stringent). Before submitting the application to them, there is a lot to do such as: the Corps of Firemen has to inspect and approved that the space is up to code; CFIA (Federal College of Engineers and Architects), we have to have a local architect involved because they have to put their stamp on the drawings even though I did them but it’s not legal. Once we have all that done, then we can submit all these documents to the Ministry of Health. The owner has agreed to keep the rent as it was before for a three year lease then they will raise it by 5%. We are ready to start but we are concerned about the lack of support but we trust in the Lord that He will provide,He send us here and we know He will. Before we start the ministry, there will be other cost involved such as: 1 month of rent and security in advance ($2,110.00), COVID – 19 cost (we have to abide to all regulations and restrictions), Corporation fees, Department of Health, Department of Buildings & Permits, Lawyers, Taxes, Furniture (50 chairs for sanctuary, 2 chairs & 2 side tables for guest, 3 tables, pulpit, 1 office desk, 1 office chair, 2 shelves), 3 Flags (Christian, CR & USA), Outside Signs and 2 Banners, Audio Equipment, movable Screen and some renovation cost such as AC/ Unit, Toilets which the owner will not do (we are trying to negotiate with him). We are putting together an estimate of these items, some we have paid for already such as the Department of Building and Health. We are trusting in the Lord for His provision.
God knows the desire of our hearts and the passion that lies deep within our souls to serve Him where He has sent us. Thank you for everyone who stood with us previously.
4. Pray about the COVID – 19, it keeps on increasing and has surpassed 245,601 cases with 3,202 deaths.
- Pray regarding the assembly of churches, the Ministry of Health has not given the full 100% to start because of the continuing increase of COVID – 19 cases.Some Churches have started to congregate, the allowable occupancy is still at 50% due to the COVID restrictions. But now with the tremendous increase of cases, the Ministry of Health is contemplating in closing all places of assemblies again.
Our support is still down at 84% due to COVID – 19. We pray and trusting in the Lord that it will go up by the time we start the ministry.
Safety with Travels
Protection on the road and the COVID – 19.
Schedule of Meetings
It will be a blessing if we can have meetings via the internet, with the Lord nothing is impossible.
Softness of Attitude
To stay close to God and focus on Him and the mission that is set before us, not on our circumstances because it very easy to get discourage at times.
- Praise the Lord for the progress we are making regarding the Ministry with the Department of Buildings and Health, as well with the owner of the complex.
- Praise the Lord that the owner of the locale will allow us to use the place for a church.
- Praise the Lord that He has opened the door for us at Bible Baptist Church of Calle Blancos where we are being used in a great way while we are preparing to start our ministry. Pastor Sergio Matarrita is the host of the pastor’s fellowship that we have every Tuesday and Friday and he is willing to help us in every way possible with our ministry once we start.
- Praise the Lord for two more people that accepted the Lord as their Savior, their names are Walter and Anthony; they are workers that have been coming to our house to do some work. They are also anxious to come to our services once we start.
- Praise the Lord for the Bible Studies and the Preaching services that we have virtually via Livestream Facebook, even though we have problems with the connection. The Lord is truly blessing us, we are having great responses and some are faithful followers especially in Costa Rica. It is truly a blessing!
- Praise the Lord for all the people that He is putting in our way, many are eager to come to the services once we start. A gentleman named Carlos said to me and I quote: “Amen pastor, muchas gracias por sus palabras, acá tiene un fiel servidor y espero verlo muy pronto en su templo, estoy para servirle”. Translation: “Amen pastor, thank you much for your words, you have here a faithful servant and I hope to see you very soon at the temple, I am here to serve”.
- Praise the Lord for the ladies and the pastor’s fellowship. I had the privilege to speak again to the pastors this month.
Beloved Brethren, may the love of the Almighty God, the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you All. Amen!
Brother Jean-Claude & Sister Matilde Guilbaud
Under His Wings Reaching the World for His Glory! Reach the World, reach for Christ.