May 2023 Prayer Letter
Dear Beloved Brethren and Co-Laborers,
As always, we cannot over state this, we thank and we will keep on thanking our Eternal God, Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for sending us on this glorious mission. It is truly a joy as we do His will even in difficult times.We pray that His Holy Spirit will keep on guiding us in the right path of righteousness, to be obedient and faithful until the end, no matter what. We understand that we are living in difficult times and we do immensely thank you for your support, prayers and we praise the Lord for your faithfulness. Please be patient as you read this letter.
- Our health in order to continue and work in His vineyard.
2. Pray for the growth of the Church – Reaching for Jesus Christ Baptist Church in Santa Ana, Rio Oro.
3. Please pray for Pastor Esteban Rivera with his wife Laura and their two young children as they are trying to help with us. Pastor Esteban is the youth pastor and his wife works with the children.
4. Pray for my wife as she is working with the ladies.
5. Pray for our outreach in the neighborhood, evangelization each Saturday in the morning and visitations on Thursday evening; also for our Bible Studies and time of prayer on Wednesday evening.
6. Provision for the rest of the needs for the church. We have invested a lot of our personal savings to get where we are.
7. Pray for available and dedicated laborers to come and be part of the church so we can form an association; we need ten members including my wife and I before we do.
8. Pray for all the visitors we’ve had during these two months, some have come back and want to be members and some no.
9. Pray for the church as we are looking to take one missionary (The Soto’s) from Costa Rica whom at the moment are in India, our first one.
10. Pray for our Wednesday Bible study as we are studying the Epistle of James.
11. Provision for another church property whether in Ciudad Colon – Mora or in Santa Ana, Rio Oro where we will have our principal buildings for Baptist College & Theological Seminary. Pray for a property in Santa Ana, La Uruca which we have seen before and it is still for sale. I have previously sent pictures of the property in previous prayer letters; it is in a good area where we can also have our main offices for the Baptist College and Theological Seminary. Our vision is to also have a Christian school there from Pre K – 12, that will be the first one in Costa Rica that I am aware of and that will be a blessing.
That property is 6,000 square meters which is about 64,583.46 square feet and it cost $600,000.00 dollars, that’s about $9.29 dollars per square feet and that is a fantastic deal. The other property which we were looking at in Ciudad Colon – Mora has been sold. Properties do not last long in a good area, it’s not like before during the pandemic.
Please pray about what the Lord will have you to do, we want to leave a legacy for God’s glory here in Costa Rica and you are part of it.
We are sustaining an 84% support by the grace of God with much sacrifice. By faith we have started this journey, by faith we are trusting in Him for His provision and by faith we will keep on serving Him as we do His work, according to His will.
Safety with Travels
Safety as we traveled in Costa Rica. Protection on the road as we traveled to churches, especially in the mountains.
Schedule of Meetings
Now that we have started the church, it is not easy to leave for six months or more to get support, we have a big responsibility here and we want to be faithful to it; but with God nothing is impossible. He knows the churches that will support us so we can reach the goal even though we are not be in the States.
Softness of Attitude
To stay close to God and focus on Him and the mission that is set before us, not on our circumstances because it very easy to get discourage at times and Satan, as always, wants to put his nose in God’s business.
- Praise the Lord for His continued protection and provision as we serve Him.
2. Praise the Lord for Pastor Esteban and his wife for their continued help in the church.
3. Praise the Lord for the many visitors we’ve had during these past two months.
4. Praise the Lord for the two people whom have decided to become members of the church and for their faithfulness.
5. Praise the Lord last Saturday a young man got saved as we were evangelizing in the neighborhood, his name is David. Pray that he will come to the service.
My Beloved Brethren, we are extremely excited to see what God is going to do with us and the people of Costa Rica.
Beloved Brethren, may the Love of the Almighty God, the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you All. Amen!
Brother Jean-Claude & Sister Matilde Guilbaud
Reach the World, Reach for Christ; Under His Wings Reaching the World for His Glory!
P.S. We have been posting on Facebook pictures and videos of the services, it is under Iglesia Bautista Alcanzando Para Jesucristo.