October 2021 – Prayer Letter
Dear Beloved Brethren and Co-Laborers,
As always, we cannot over state this, we thank and we will keep on thanking our Eternal God, Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for sending us on this glorious mission. It is truly a joy as we do His will even in difficult times.We pray that His Holy Spirit will keep on guiding us in the right path of righteousness and to be obedient and faithful until the end. We understand that we are living in difficult times and we do immensely thank you for your support, prayers and we praise the Lord for your faithfulness.
As we keep on pressing on this glorious journey, the restrictions for the month of November is the same as it was in October except for one change, the restrictions for the weekend has been stopped but we still can’t go out on Mondays. Let’s hope the weekends will remain like that but we never know with the government.
As we press on, please pray and continue to pray for the following prayer request:
- Continue praying for the project that I have been working on, Outlines and Commentaries in Spanish for all the books of the Bible, so far I have done the Book of Leviticus, Book of Psalms, the Epistle of James, the Epistles of John (1, 2, & 3), the Epistle of Jude; at the moment I am working on the Epistle of Philemon. It is truly a blessing meditating on the Word and learning a lot. As I have mentioned in our previous letter, I have put a pamphlet together of my experience in the hospital San Juan de Dios in San José, Costa Rica, based on Romans 8:28 written in Spanish and English, hoping to get it printed soon, the title is: Focusing and Trusting in GOD in the midst of Difficulties & Storms. The Commentaries and Outlines can be seen on our website at www.guilbauds2costarica.com under the Tab Spanish Bible Commentaries & Outlines, as well my preaching under Media/ Sermons in Spanish and Sermons Notes under Spanish Sermons, Notes and Outlines.
- Our health in order to work in His vineyard. As I mentioned previously, it is going to be a long process for my recuperation before I can resume (full blast) to my normal activities. Well, I had another setback, I had to have another immediate surgery done on October 22nd due to a hernia in my stomach that I developed due to my surgery back in May. I had to get a second opinion from a private doctor because the inflammation in my stomach continued to increase and it was getting worse. Now, one more time, I will be out of commission for the next three to four weeks, minimum, before I see the doctor for a checkup and remove the stiches and according to the doctor, it will take a while to heal, the doctor had to install a mesh between the exterior of my skin and my intestines. Pray about the unexpected financial expenses we incurred. Also I will be having a biopsy done due to enlarged prostate on November 19, 2021; normally my PSA is supposed to be 4.5 maximum and it was at 8.3. Continue praying for my wife, as well, for physical strength as she is doing everything and being also my nurse. With all these setbacks, I am asking the Lord to give me physical strength to keep doing His work according to His will because He is in control of my health and my life; what the Lord started, He will fulfill it and keep His promises as long we are faithful to Him to the end – Philippians 1: 6. Thank you for your prayers, it means a lot to us.
3. Place for the ministry – We received the drawings from the Association (the Owner) earlier this month but with my condition I have not been able to submit them to the Federal College of Engineers and Architects to review them; once that’s done, we will submit them to the Ministry of Health and the Corps of Firemen for their approval.
4. Pray about the COVID – 19, it keeps on increasing and has surpassed 559,698 cases with 7,029 deaths.
5. Pray regarding the assembly of churches, the Ministry of Health has not given the full 100% to start because of the continuing increase of COVID – 19 cases.Some Churches have started to congregate, the allowable occupancy is still at 50% due to the COVID restrictions.
6. Driver’s license – Continue praying regarding this issue, please! I have received de documents needed from the Secretary of Commonwealth of Virginia. Now, I am still trying to make an appointment with COSEVI (DMV in the USA) to get my Costa Rican License for the past two months; as I mentioned in my previous prayer letter they only give you one day which is Thursday from 8:00AM to 11:00AM to do it, on line, and I have been trying and no result. They make it hard and they don’t work with you and especially if you are a foreigner.
As I mentioned in my last prayer letter I had the month of September to get all this resolved so I can drive legally and now I am stuck. The Lord knows what He is doing, as always, with me being sick again. I am still not sure what I am going to do yet regarding this issue of the entry date to Costa Rica which does not coincide with the issuance date on my driver’s license; again, that doesn’t make any sense at all. When I go to COSEVI, I will speak to them about it and if they don’t collaborate with me then I may have to get a lawyer involved to resolve all this mess but I pray that I would not have to. I did speak to a lawyer about the appointment on Thursdays with COSEVI and they told me I have to keep trying in order to get one “keep trying, that’s the government for you”. They are making things very complicated here even their own people, the Ticos, are saying the same thing.
Our support went up to 84%. We pray and trusting in the Lord that it will go up by the time we start the ministry.
Safety with Travels
Protection on the road and the COVID – 19.
Schedule of Meetings
It will be a blessing if we can have meetings via the internet, with the Lord nothing is impossible.
Softness of Attitude
To stay close to God and focus on Him and the mission that is set before us, not on our circumstances because it very easy to get discourage at times.
- Praise the Lord for my wife, He has blessed me in a special way for I have no words on how to describe it.
- Praise the Lord I had an opportunity to speak earlier this month at the Pastor’s fellowship, just before my surgery. It is always a blessing!
- Praise the Lord for the new Churches, Pastors and the Brethren taking us on for support. May the Lord keep using you for His glory.
Beloved Brethren, may the love of the Almighty God, the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you All. Amen!
Brother Jean-Claude & Sister Matilde Guilbaud
Under His Wings Reaching the World for His Glory! Reach the World, Reach for Christ.