February 2022 – Prayer Letter
Dear Beloved Brethren and Co-Laborers,
As always, we cannot over state this, we thank and we will keep on thanking our Eternal God, Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for sending us on this glorious mission. It is truly a joy as we do His will even in difficult times.We pray that His Holy Spirit will keep on guiding us in the right path of righteousness, to be obedient and faithful until the end. We understand that we are living in difficult times and we do immensely thank you for your support, prayers and we praise the Lord for your faithfulness.
As we keep on pressing on this glorious journey, the restrictions for the month of February has been the same as it was in January. Let’s hope the weekends will remain the same but we never know with the government.
As we press on, please pray and continue to pray for the following prayer request:
- Continue praying for the project that I have been working on, Outlines and Commentaries in Spanish for all the Books of the Bible. I am still working on the 1st Epistle of John, at the moment I am in Chapter 2 verse 22. I study and try to write at least one per day but sometimes it takes longer.The booklet titled Focusing and Trusting in GOD in the midst of Difficulties & Storms is being printed at the moment by Macedonia World Baptist Missions and hoping to have enough copies by the time we arrive in the States in March in order to distribute them. You can preview the booklet on our website www.guilbauds2costarica.com under BOOKS – Spanish & English.The Commentaries and Outlines can also be seen on our website under the Tab Spanish Bible Commentaries & Outlines, as well my preaching under Media/ Sermons in Spanish and Sermons Notes under Spanish Sermons, Notes and Outlines.
2. Our health in order to work in His vineyard. Thank you for your prayers. I had to rush my wife again two times earlier this month to the Hospital Metropolitan because she was totally dehydrated again and also they found that she had bronchitis, severe acid reflux, respiratory infection so she will be under treatment for a while; also she had a second COVID test made but thank the Lord they both came out negative. As for me, I was also admitted to the same hospital on February the 23 early in the morning, with severe dehydration, trembling and numbness in my arms and legs; I was treated and discharged the same day and will be under medication for a week then follow up with the doctors.
3. Place for the ministry – I submitted the drawings to the Federal College of Engineers and Architects for their review including my drawings; once that’s done and approved, we will submit them to the Ministry of Health and the Corps of Firemen for their final approval. I don’t know how long that will be.
4. Pray about the COVID – 19, it keeps on increasing and has surpassed 802,472 cases with 7,999 deaths. It is mandatory to wear a mask everywhere you go and if you don’t, you will not be allow to come in unless if you are in open air keeping your distance.
5. Pray regarding the assembly of churches, the Ministry of Health has not given the full 100% to start because of the continuing increase of COVID – 19 cases. Some Churches have started to congregate, the allowable occupancy is still at 50% due to the COVID restrictions. Most churches are virtual on Sunday and Wednesday evenings and presencial on Sunday mornings; some churches had to close again due to COVID.
6. Regarding our trip to the States. We are planning to be there for a month from March 28 to April 29, 2022. We will be mostly in Virginia, Georgia and part of South Carolina because it would be impossible to go to all the churches that are supporting us during that period of time, we have a very busy schedule. At the same time while we are in the States, we will be seeing our doctors for a complete check-up as well.
7. Regarding the Lab tests that were done for me, everything seems to be good; except for my PSA level, it has not improved with the medications that I was taking (it went up to 12.23, not a good sign at all) so now the doctor, the Urologist, gave me some other medications, hoping and praying that it will worked and for a better result until my next exam.
Our support is still at 84%. We pray and trusting in the Lord that it will go up by the time we start the ministry; even though we are very eager to start but the Lord knows what He is doing,
Safety with Travels
Protection on the road and the COVID – 19.
Schedule of Meetings
It will be a blessing if we can have meetings via the internet, with the Lord nothing is impossible.
Softness of Attitude
To stay close to God and focus on Him and the mission that is set before us, not on our circumstances because it very easy to get discourage at times.
- Praise the Lord that we are slowly recuperating. Praise Him for His protection over us.
- Praise the Lord for the two baptism we had this month at the church, Bible Baptist Church Calle Blancos.
Beloved Brethren, may the love of the Almighty God, the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you All. Amen!
Brother Jean-Claude & Sister Matilde Guilbaud
Under His Wings Reaching the World for His Glory! Reach the World, Reach for Christ!