December 2022 Prayer Letter
Dear Beloved Brethren and Co-Laborers,
We trust that you all had a blessed Christmas and we pray that the New Year 2023 will bring health, happiness and prosperity (3 John 2).
We want to thank every one of you for the generous Christmas gift we have received, it was truly an unexpected blessing. May the Lord bless you all in a special and mighty way and that these gifts be multiplied.
As always, we cannot over state this, we thank and we will keep on thanking our Eternal God, Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for sending us on this glorious mission. It is truly a joy as we do His will even in difficult times.We pray that His Holy Spirit will keep on guiding us in the right path of righteousness, to be obedient and faithful until the end, no matter what. We understand that we are living in difficult times and we do immensely thank you for your support, prayers and we praise the Lord for your faithfulness.
Now that we are back on the mission field since December 8, please pray and continue praying for the following prayer request:
1. Continue praying as we have started to renew our residency for the next two years, we have until March 23, 2023 to gather and submit all information to Immigration. We are going to schedule an appointment the second week of January since all government office are closed for vacations.
2. Thanks to a church for their gracious financial gift that we have been able to print more booklets of the book that I have written; it has been an answer to prayers. We have printed about 160 booklets and given out already 60 of them (English) during our stay in the states, the other 100 are in Spanish which are being given out in Costa Rica.
3. Our health in order to continue and work in His vineyard. We had to postpone and rescheduled some of our medical test because we arrived in Costa Rica sick with a bad cold and we still have it. Also, I will have a hydrotherapy procedure made of my stomach starting Wednesday the 11 of January 2023 for the next 4 Wednesdays ending on February 1, 2023.
4. Place for the ministry – Continue praying with us as we are still looking at properties where we can have a church building of our own, this is truly our deepest desire according to the Lord’s will. Continue praying for Pastor Roberto, a national pastor who is helping us finding a place and we are also helping him in his church in the mountains of San Jose, Escazú in the meantime. The Lord has the place for us as we patiently wait.
Our support has gone up to 81%. We are praying and trusting in the Lord that it will still go up this year, with Him everything is possible. We are very eager to start, and have been, but the Lord knows what He is doing. We are patiently waiting on Him and it is hard to do sometime knowing without a doubt that our will is synchronized with His will.
Safety with Travels
Safety as we are back in Costa Rica. Protection on the road as we traveled to churches, especially in the mountains.
Schedule of Meetings
We were blessed in the States with many meetings in South Carolina, Georgia and some in Virginia.
Softness of Attitude
To stay close to God and focus on Him and the mission that is set before us, not on our circumstances because it very easy to get discourage at times and Satan, as always, wants to put his nose in God’s business.
- Praise the Lord for His continued protection and provision as we serve Him.
- Praise the Lord for the booklet that I have written, it is a great blessing to many. That booklet is an excellent tool for evangelizing, not just to edify the body of Christ but also to evangelize to the lost world.
- Praise the Lord for the fellowship we have had with all the Brethren in the churches we have visited in Georgia, South Carolina and Virginia since October 18 until December 7; truly, it has been a blessing to see all the brethren and we were extremely blessed more than we could ever imagine.
- Praise the Lord for Pastor Roberto of Bible Baptist Church of Escazú as he is helping us start the ministry in Santa Ana.
- Praise the Lord for the wonderful New Year’s Eve service we had at Bible Baptist Church of Concepcion in Alajuelita, Pastor Carlos Leiton. I had the privilege as the guest speaker to preach at their Mission Conference few months ago.
Beloved Brethren, may the Love of the Almighty God, the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you All. Amen!
Brother Jean-Claude & Sister Matilde Guilbaud
Reach the World, Reach for Christ; Under His Wings Reaching the World for His Glory!