May 2022 – Prayer Letter
Dear Beloved Brethren and Co-Laborers,
As always, we cannot over state this, we thank and we will keep on thanking our Eternal God, Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for sending us on this glorious mission. It is truly a joy as we do His will even in difficult times.We pray that His Holy Spirit will keep on guiding us in the right path of righteousness, to be obedient and faithful until the end. We understand that we are living in difficult times and we do immensely thank you for your support, prayers and we praise the Lord for your faithfulness.
During our meetings in the states, I mentioned that the Lord has taught me two things being on the mission field: “to be patient and wait”. Well, it has paid off when you patiently wait on God. The Lord has opened the doors for us to start a Bible study, in person, in our community center. We are really excited!!
As we press on, please continue to pray for the following prayer request:
- Pray with us as we are planning to start a bible study on Friday June 3rd, 2022 (each Friday) in our community center; the Administration has given us the authorization. We have been spreading the word and invited many. But in the meantime, we are also and still involved with Bible Baptist Church of Calle Blancos until the Lord opens the doors for a place.
- Continue praying for the project that I have been working on, Outlines and Commentaries in Spanish for all the Books of the Bible. I am still working on the 1st Epistle of John, at the moment I am in Chapter 3 verse 4. As I have mentioned, the Commentaries and Outlines can also be seen on our website under the Tab Spanish Bible Commentaries & Outlines, as well my preaching under Media/ Sermons in Spanish and Sermons Notes under Spanish Sermons, Notes and Outlines. The booklet that I wrote and titled Focusing and Trusting in GOD in the midst of Difficulties & Storms are being distributed to everyone, including the world, to churches and pastors that we know in Costa Rica and the USA. Praise the Lord, it has been and is a great blessing to many.
- Our health in order to work in His vineyard. Thank you for your continued prayers.
4. Place for the ministry – Continue praying regarding that piece of property that we have been looking at in our area that the Zoning will be suitable for a church building; we have met with the zoning official to discuss the property and/ or other options. It is a long process. We also have met with the Real Estate Agent regarding the new place, nothing yet.
5. Pray about the COVID – 19, it keeps on increasing, not as much as before, and as of May 31st, it has surpassed 891,038 cases with 8,495 deaths. It is not obligatory to use the mask anymore, only in places like hospitals, government offices and airports.
6. Pray regarding the assembly of churches, Even though the restriction of mask has been lifted, precaution are still being taken. Now, that will make it a bit easier to start the ministry.
7. Pray for the new president of Costa Rica in order to make the right and godly decisions for the country.
8. Pray for the country’s financial state, the cost of living has gone up tremendously; the cost of fuel is now at $7.94 per gallon/ 1,258.00 Colones per Litre, it may go higher during the next few weeks; cost of food has risen greatly (a gallon of milk is $4.29/2,576.00 Colones; a gallon of Tropicana orange juice is 7,995.00 Colones/$11.90 a gallon); many stores are also closing.
9. Special prayer request – Many have asked for more copies of the booklet that I wrote in Spanish and English. We have established a Special Sub Account # 14/ BOOK with MWBM. All the previous booklets including the booklets, Shipping & Handling came from my own pocket in order to distribute them. Please pray about what the Lord would like you to do, financially, so we can keep on distributing these books all around the world for the glory of God. Also, the Lord laid on my heart to write another book which I have started many years ago in the form of a Bible Study, now it is the time to put it in book format, the title is: “Recipe for a Healthy Church”, it will be approximately 300 pages long. Please pray for me as I embarked on this journey. Soon, I will make available on our website the Contents of the book.
10. Pray about a new place to live – The owner has decided to put the house for sale and we have until the end of August to find a new one. For the past 2 plus years, we have been paying $1,400.00 per month; now all rent has gone up, nothing less than $1,500.00 per month in a good area.
Our support has dropped to 81%. We pray and trusting in the Lord that it will go up by the time we rent a place; even though we are very eager to start but the Lord knows what He is doing. We are patiently waiting on Him.
Safety with Travels
Protection on the road and the COVID – 19 situations which still lingers here in Costa Rica, but has diminished substantially.
Schedule of Meetings
It will be a blessing if we can have meetings via the internet, with the Lord nothing is impossible.
Softness of Attitude
To stay close to God and focus on Him and the mission that is set before us, not on our circumstances because it very easy to get discourage at times and Satan, as always, wants to put his nose in God’s work.
- Praise the Lord for His continued protection and provision as we serve Him.
- Praise the Lord for the new president, he has lifted the mask restrictions for the whole country except for people that work in Hospitals and Federal positions. Some stores still observes the restrictions.
- Praise the Lord for the twenty new converts at the church since the beginning of the year and were baptized. Praise the Lord as well for the Conference we had at Bible Baptist Church of Calle Blancos this month from May 23 to 26, the theme was: “Revive the Fire” based on 2 Timothy 1:6. We can see the work of the Spirit of God working in people’s lives and hearts.
- Praise the Lord, the pastor at Bible Baptist Church of Calle Blancos, asked me to teach on the book of Judges; so with that been said, I have started preparing a commentary on that book. I have written the introduction, the outline for the whole book and the Commentary on chapter 10 and part of 11. What a blessing! It could be read on our website under the Tab Spanish Bible Commentaries & Outlines.
- Praise the Lord that He has opened the doors for us to start the Bible study in our community.
Beloved Brethren, may the love of the Almighty God, the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you All. Amen!
Brother Jean-Claude & Sister Matilde Guilbaud
Reach the World, Reach for Christ; Under His Wings Reaching the World for His Glory!