May 2021 – Prayer Letter
Dear Beloved Brethren and Co-Laborers,
As always, we cannot over state this, we thank and we will keep on thanking our Eternal God, Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for sending us on this glorious mission. It is truly a joy as we do His will even in difficult times.We pray that His Holy Spirit will keep on guiding us in the right path of righteousness and to be obedient and faithful until the end. We understand that we are living in difficult times and we do immensely thank you for your support, prayers and we praise the Lord for your faithfulness.
As we keep on pressing on this glorious journey, the restrictions for the month of May is the same as for the prior month, even though we can’t go out on Sundays, we have a formal letter from Bible Baptist Church of Calle Blancos, Pastor Sergio Matarrita that we can because I am one of the Pastors of the church, once the restrictions are lifted.
As we press on, please pray and continue to pray for the following prayer request:
- Continue praying for our Bible Studies on Fridays and Preaching on Sundays virtuallyvia Live Stream Facebook.
- Our health in order to work in His vineyard. As you are perhaps aware already, I was admitted to the hospital, and was there for 10 days, due to a blockage to my upper intestine. I was operated on and the problem has been corrected. I will have a lot of post operation visits with doctors and it will be a long process to my recuperation and I pray that there will be no more operation. With all these setbacks, I am asking the Lord to give me physical strength to keep doing His work according of His will because He is in control of my health and my life; what the Lord started, He will fulfill it and keep His promises as long we are faithful to Him to the end – Philippians 1: 6. Thank you for your prayers, it means a lot to us.
- Place for the ministry –We are still waiting on the response from the Federal College of Engineers and Architects; once that is settled we can move forward submitting the application to the Ministry of Health, the Corps of Firemen. By faith we have given a refundable retainer of 500.00 dollars to the owner of the locale to hold the place for us until all the requirements have been settled. As you know, the Land Use has already been approved by the Department of Buildings per our prior prayer letter. We are ready to start but we are concerned about the lack of support but we trust in the Lord that He will provide, He send us here and we know He will. Before we start the ministry, there will be other cost involved such as: 1 month of rent and security in advance ($2,110.00), COVID – 19 cost (we have to abide to all regulations and restrictions), Corporation fees, Department of Health, Department of Buildings & Permits, Lawyers, Taxes, Furniture (50 chairs for sanctuary, 2 chairs & 2 side tables for guest, 3 tables, pulpit, 1 office desk, 1 office chair, 2 shelves), 3 Flags (Christian, CR & USA), Outside Signs and 2 Banners, Audio Equipment, movable Screen and some renovation cost such as AC/ Unit, Toilets which the owner will not do (we are trying to negotiate with him). We are putting together an estimate of these items, some we have paid for already such as the Department of Building and Health. We are trusting in the Lord for His provision.
God knows the desire of our hearts and the passion that lies deep within our souls to serve Him where He has sent us. Thank you for everyone who stood with us previously.
4. Pray about the COVID – 19, it keeps on increasing and has surpassed 314,102 cases with 3,962 deaths.
- Pray regarding the assembly of churches, the Ministry of Health has not given the full 100% to start because of the continuing increase of COVID – 19 cases.Some Churches have started to congregate, the allowable occupancy is still at 50% due to the COVID restrictions.
- Pray for our neighbor Alex and his wife Fatima that their hearts will be opened to the Gospel and accept Jesus as their savior. They are the ones that brought me to the hospital late Saturday night, the 15th, despite of their restrictions. Fatima has been helping my wife getting things done.
Our support is still down at 84% due to COVID – 19. We pray and trusting in the Lord that it will go up by the time we start the ministry.
Safety with Travels
Protection on the road and the COVID – 19.
Schedule of Meetings
It will be a blessing if we can have meetings via the internet, with the Lord nothing is impossible.
Softness of Attitude
To stay close to God and focus on Him and the mission that is set before us, not on our circumstances because it very easy to get discourage at times.
- Praise the Lord that my operation went well and slowly recuperating.
- Praise the Lord for the progress we are making regarding the Ministry with the Department of Buildings and Health, as well with the owner of the complex. For now, everything is in the hands of the architect at the moment.
- Praise the Lord for Bible Baptist Church of Calle Blancos where Pastor Sergio ministers at. Pastor Sergio Matarrita is the host of the pastor’s fellowship that we have every Tuesday and Friday and he is willing to help us in every way possible with our ministry once we start. Pastor Sergio has been a blessing to us during these trying times.
- Praise the Lord for the ladies and the pastor’s fellowship, supporting and praying for us as well during this time.
Beloved Brethren, may the love of the Almighty God, the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you All. Amen!
Brother Jean-Claude & Sister Matilde Guilbaud
Under His Wings Reaching the World for His Glory! Reach the World, reach for Christ.