March 2021 – Prayer Letter
Dear Beloved Brethren,
As always, we cannot over state this, we thank and we will keep on thanking our Eternal God, Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for sending us on this glorious mission. It is truly a joy as we do His will even in difficult times.We pray that His Holy Spirit will keep on guiding us in the right path of righteousness and to be obedient and faithful until the end. We understand that we are living in difficult times and we do immensely thank you for your support, prayers and we praise the Lord for your faithfulness.
As we keep on pressing on this glorious journey, the month of March has been a continuing experience still dealing with the COVID – 19 crisis. The Ministry of Health has lifted up the restrictions for the month of April as well allowing us go out every day until 11:00PM, but the restrictions still remain from 11:00PM through 5:00AM for the whole country; as well as for public assemblies to a maximum of 50% which includes churches.
As we press on, please pray and continue to pray for the following prayer request:
- Continue praying for our Bible Studies on Fridays and Preaching on Sundays virtually via Live Stream Facebook.
- Immigration – Thank you to everyone who have prayed for us. Praise the Lord, we have been granted our temporary residence under the Religious visa category for two years and renewable thereafter for the same. Now, we have up to 90 days to pay all the fees that are required to Immigration and CCSS which means Caja Costarricence de Seguro Social which is the equivalent to Social Security and Medicare system in the USA, everyone who becomes eligible for residency has to pay into the system. These fees are substantially high, for Immigration we have to pay $920.00 dollars for both of us and for CCSS we have to pay a monthly fee of $44.00 for both of us which is the lowest fee. Once we pay these fees, we will receive from Immigration a DIMEX card for foreigners which is equivalent to a resident card in the USA. Once we have our DIMEX card, we cannot leave the country for no more than 6 months and if we do, our residence will be nulled. My beloved brethren, please pray for us for the Lord to meet this necessary need within that period of time, if not our application will be cancelled, voided and we have to start all over again and perhaps leave the country.
- Our health in order to work in His vineyard.
- Place for the ministry – Now that we have our residence, we can concentrate on the ministry. A couple weeks ago we went by to check on the availability of the place fortunately it was still available. Now that we have been granted our residency; we can start checking on the procedures required on the place for the ministry. The first thing, is the location zoned for a church and if it is not, we have to look somewhere else but we pray that it will be. We also pray that the rent will be the same at $1,055.00 per month, (13% fees included), but that does not include utilities and internet; but we have one obstacle in our way, we are not at 100% of our support in order to pay for the ministry. We are very anxious and ready to start but we are concerned about the lack of support but we trust in the Lord that He will provide, He send us here and we know He will. Before we start the ministry, there will be other cost involved such as: 1 month of rent and security in advance ($2,110.00), COVID – 19 cost (we have to abide to all regulations and restrictions), Corporation fees, Department of Health, Department of Building & Permits, Lawyers, Taxes, Furniture (50 chairs for sanctuary, 2 chairs & 2 side tables for guest, 3 tables, pulpit, 1 office desk, 1 office chair, 2 shelves), 3 Flags (Christian, CR & USA), Signs, Audio Equipment, movable Screen and some renovation cost such as AC/ Unit, Toilets, etc. etc. Now, we have no idea what these fees and cost are yet. We are trusting in the Lord for His provision, He is in control and knows everything.
He knows the desire of our hearts and the passion that lies deep within our souls to serve Him where He has sent us. Thank you for everyone who stood with us previously.
5. Pray about the COVID – 19, it keeps on increasing and has surpassed 215,178 cases with 2,931 deaths.
- Pray regarding the assembly of churches, the Ministry of Health has not given the full 100% to start because of the continuing increase of COVID – 19 cases.Some Churches have started to congregate, the allowable occupancy is still at 50% due to the COVID restrictions. We are able to attend church services on Sunday morning, where we have been attending or sometimes I am invited to preach at other churches which is a blessing. Sunday evening services are still virtual but praise the Lord we have our services as well at 2:00PM virtually and Bibles studies on Fridays at 7:00PM.
Our support is still down at 84% due to COVID – 19. We pray and trusting in the Lord that it will go up by the time we start the ministry.
Safety with Travels
Protection on the road and the COVID – 19.
Schedule of Meetings
It will be a blessing if we can have meetings via the internet, with the Lord nothing is impossible.
Softness of Attitude
To stay close to God and focus on Him and the mission that is set before us, not on our circumstances because it very easy to get discourage at times.
- Praise the Lord for our temporary residence approval.
- Praise the Lord for the Bible Studies and the Preaching services that we have virtually via Livestream Facebook. The Lord is truly blessing us, we are having great responses and some are faithful followers especially in Costa Rica. It is truly a blessing!
- Praise the Lord for the ladies and the pastor’s fellowship.
- Praise the Lord I had the opportunity and privilege to speak again at Bible Baptist Church of Calle Blancos, Pastor Sergio Matarrita for their 34 years Anniversary in the ministry.
Beloved Brethren, may the love of the Almighty God, the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you All. Amen!
Brother Jean-Claude & Sister Matilde Guilbaud
Under His Wings Reaching the World for His Glory! Reach the World, reach for Christ.