March 2019 – Prayer Letter
Dear Beloved Brethren,
Greetings and peace and love in the name of our eternal God, Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
As always, we thank our Lord Jesus Christ for taking us on this glorious journey, a journey of endless joy, speaking to our hearts, answering the call that He has given us and accepted the mission that is ahead of us to do His work according to His ways and will.
As we keep on pressing on this glorious journey, the month of March has been very productive and with many blessings. March 2nd we were at Iglesia Bautista Berea, Pastor Nelson Palacios, in Jacksonville, FL where we presented our ministry and I had the privilege to preach in Spanish as well. On March 6th through the 10th, we were at Central Baptist Church, Pastor Andy Bloom, in Ocala, FL for a Mission Conference with Dr. Scott Caudill our Mission Board Director. On March the 13th, we had a meeting in St. Pete, FL which was cancelled and we drove back to Georgia before heading to Fayetteville, NC for a Mission Conference at Freedom Baptist Church, Pastor Paul Worley, with our Mission Board Director again, from the 15th to the 18th of March. On March 20th, we were in Winston-Salem at Freeman Street Baptist Church, Pastor Brian Harrison, but unfortunately I could not speak because I had lost my voice, Pastor Harrison invited us back to present our ministry, the date is not set yet. On March 24th, we were at Zion Hill Baptist Church in Marion, NC, Pastor Tom Walker, where we presented our ministry and I had the privilege of preaching as well. From the 27th to the 30th, we were at Calvary Baptist Church in Norfolk, VA, Pastor Richard Smith for a Mission Conference. On Sunday the 31st of March, we were in Covington, GA for a meeting at Newton Baptist Church, Pastor Tony Howeth where we presented our ministry and I had the privilege to preach as well.
As we press on, please pray and continue to pray for the following prayer request:
- For wisdom and guidance as we are preparing to leave for Costa Rica, for the Lord to guide us to the right people and the right place.
- We are in the process of speaking to the Migration and Immigration of Costa Rica; there is a lot of leg work to do and many papers to fill out.
- Our health in order to work in His vineyard. My wife’s cataracts surgery will be in May.
- We are need for a car, preferably a van, to keep going to finish deputation after we get back from Costa Rica; as mentioned in our previous prayer letters, my wife’s car was in a wreck and is totaled (that is what the insurance says but it is not) We are working with a body shop to get it fixed.
- As we keep stressing, it is our goal, Lord willing, to be on the field sometime this year; we are trusting in Him to make it happen. the Lord has blessed us with other meetings in July and Mission Conferences in October and November. As mentioned earlier in the previous paragraph, we are planning to go in April to start our paperwork for the visa, check out the place where we are going to live, as well as the location for the ministry. We need a miracle for our support to be at 100% or more by the time we leave this year; we fervently pray for this to happen. God is able to make other miracles and we pray that He will; He is able, with Him nothing is impossible. He is good, so good!!
- We would like to bring to the table of your hearts, again, the following needs. We know that we are repeating ourselves but it is very crucial. We have started to check on our passage expenses (flight, moving, governmental fees, rental for housing and ministry, etc. etc.); we don’t have a final number yet but from what we have gathered so far, it could cost up to Twenty Five Thousand Seven Hundred and Thirty Six Dollars, ($25,736.00) perhaps more, hopefully not. So far, (1) for the flight, places to stay and the car rental (only from the 9th of April to the 30th) in order to mobilize when we are there will be about Four Thousand Three Hundred and Thirty Six Dollars for 21 Days ($4,336.00), that does not include food (Flight – $1,691.00 + Hotel – $1,323.00 + Car rental – $1,322.00.00/ Full coverage) these are the exact prices; we have paid for these already. (2) for the moving, door to door, it could be about Fourteen Thousand Dollars ($14,000.00), for a 40’ container, which includes one car but without the car it will be about 9K to 10K; (3) for governmental fees, taxes, etc. (Importation fees, Visa fees, it could be about Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000.00); (4) personal and ministry (rental of home and church building) about Five Thousand Four Hundred Dollars ($5,400.00) which includes one month security deposit and one month rent.
Beloved Brethren, Pastors and Churches, this is a lot of money; we pray and humbly plead for your help, for the Lord’s provision and what He will have you to do according to His will. We pray that the Holy Spirit of our Lord God will move your hearts; all donations and funds should be sent to Macedonia World Baptist Missions (MWBM) under Shipping- Travel account.
- Support Levels
Now we are at 85%, thanks the Lord for four more churches that took us on for support, Temple Baptist Church, Pastor Josh Boles in Lewisville, NC; Iglesia Bautista Berea, Pastor Nelson Palacios in Jacksonville, FL; Central Baptist Church, Pastor Andy Bloom, in Ocala, FL; Zion Hill Baptist Church, Pastor Tom Walker, in Marion, NC. We have presented to three other churches as well (two conferences and one meeting), we pray that they will take us on for support, we need them.
- Safety with Travels
Pray that our Lord, God will keep on protecting us on the road. The first Sunday of April, we will be in North Carolina for a Conference before we leave for Costa Rica on the 9th.
- Schedule of Meetings
Our schedule is not full, for now the Lord has blessed us with two more meetings in July, one conference in October and the other in November.
- Softness of Attitudes
Pray that our hearts would stay soft, to have a humble attitude, to stay close to God, and focus on Him not on men neither our circumstances; also for the churches that we have been in contact with and presented. Brethren, we are excited to see on how the Lord will be working this year, we are also encouraged and at the same time comforted by His provision, protection and peace.
- Praise the Lord that my wife is alive. God is not finished with us yet, He has big plans for us in Costa Rica.
- The Lord is so good in giving us our health, providing and protecting us while we are on the road, despite of setbacks while serving Him.
Praise the Lord for everything! To God be the Glory, great things He has done, that He is doing and what He will do as we focus our eyes and hearts upon Him.
Thank you, as always, for your kindness, compassion and love, but most of all for your sensibility to the Holy Spirit of God who dwells in you. We are deeply grateful for your continued prayers, financial support and being behind our vision to further the Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Brethren, may the love of the Almighty God, the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you All. Amen!
Brother Jean-Claude and Sister Matilde Guilbaud
Under His Wings Reaching the World for His Glory
In Christ alone