July 2022 Prayer Letter
Dear Beloved Brethren and Co-Laborers,
As always, we cannot over state this, we thank and we will keep on thanking our Eternal God, Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for sending us on this glorious mission. It is truly a joy as we do His will even in difficult times.We pray that His Holy Spirit will keep on guiding us in the right path of righteousness, to be obedient and faithful until the end, no matter what. We understand that we are living in difficult times and we do immensely thank you for your support, prayers and we praise the Lord for your faithfulness.
As we press on, please continue to pray for the following prayer request:
1. Continue praying with us as we have started a bible study each Friday in our community center; the Administration has given us the authorization but it is very cumbersome due to the security, people have to announced themselves to let them in. We have been spreading the word and invited many. We are currently studying the book of James.
2. Continue praying for the project that I have been working on, Outlines and Commentaries in Spanish for all the Books of the Bible. I am still working on the 1st Epistle of John, I am still in Chapter 3; at the same time, I am writing commentaries on Judges for the Men’s class at IBBCB and I am in Chapter 14 now. As I have mentioned, the Commentaries and Outlines can also be seen on our website under the Tab Spanish Bible Commentaries & Outlines, as well my preaching under Media/ Sermons in Spanish and Sermons Notes under Spanish Sermons, Notes and Outlines; as well as on Facebook under Jean-Claude and Matilde Guilbaud – missionaries to Costa Rica. The booklet that I wrote and titled Focusing and Trusting in GOD in the midst of Difficulties & Storms are being distributed to everyone, to churches and pastors that we know in Costa Rica and the USA. Praise the Lord, it is a great blessing to many. That booklet is an excellent tool for evangelizing, not just to edify the body of Christ but also to evangelize to the lost world.
3. Our health in order to continue and work in His vineyard. As we have mentioned in our Last prayer letter, we have contacted COVID last month, we are slowly recuperating but with some secondary effects. Thank you for your continued prayers.
4. Place for the ministry – Continue praying regarding that piece of property that we have been looking at in our area that the Zoning will be suitable for a church building; we have met with the zoning official to discuss the property and/ or other options. It is a long process. Regarding this particular property, it is 6,400 m2/68,890 square feet for $120.00/m2, $11.09/SF in Santa Ana, Santa Ana and the owner is asking 764,000.00 Dollars. We are also looking at other properties in our area, one is 5,000 m2/53,730 square feet for 400,000.00 dollars, about $80.00 dollars/m2, $7.44/SF in Santa Ana, Ciudad Colon. Everything is expensive in Costa Rica. We also have met with the Real Estate Agent regarding the new place, nothing yet. We are also praying about other options such as using an existing church building in our area, same denomination, like faith and doctrine but at a different time. See Below for pictures of properties.
5. Pray about the COVID – 19, it keeps increasing and as of now it’s at 989,213 cases with 8,670 deaths. It is not obligatory to use the mask anymore, only in places like hospitals, government offices and airports.
6. Pray regarding the assembly of churches, Even though the restriction of mask has been lifted, precaution are still being taken. Now, that will make it a bit easier to start the ministry.
7. Continue praying for the new president of Costa Rica and his cabinet as they make the right and godly decisions for the country.
8. Special prayer request – Many have asked for more copies of the booklet that I wrote in Spanish and English. We have established a Special Sub Account # 14/ BOOK with MWBM. All the previous booklets including Shipping & Handling came from my own pocket in order to distribute them. Please pray about what the Lord would like you to do, financially, so we can keep on distributing these books all around the world for the glory of God. Also, the Lord laid on my heart to write another book which I have started many years ago in the form of a Bible Study, now it is the time to put it in book format, the title is: “Recipe for a Healthy Church”, it will be approximately 300 pages long. Continue praying for me as I embarked on this journey.
Our support has dropped to 81%. We pray and trusting in the Lord that it will go up by the time we rent a place; even though we are very eager to start but the Lord knows what He is doing. We are patiently waiting on Him.
Safety with Travels
Protection on the road and the COVID – 19 situations which still lingers here in Costa Rica, but has diminished substantially. Pray for our safety because we go places sometimes to spread the word that are very dangerous and we can get robbed and killed.
Schedule of Meetings
It will be a blessing if we can have meetings via the internet, with the Lord nothing is impossible.
Softness of Attitude
To stay close to God and focus on Him and the mission that is set before us, not on our circumstances because it very easy to get discourage at times and Satan, as always, wants to put his nose in God.
- Praise the Lord for His continued protection and provision as we serve Him.
- Praise the Lord for the new president, he has lifted the mask restrictions for the whole country except for people that work in Hospitals and Federal positions. Some stores still observes the restrictions.
- Praise the Lord for the invitations I had this month to preach at two other churches for their Mission Month, I was the guest speaker, it was truly a blessing. July 7 at Bible Baptist Church in Alajuelita, SJ and July 31 at Bible Baptist Church in Escazú, SJ.
- Praise the Lord that He has opened the doors for us to start the Bible study in our community.
- Praise the Lord for the eight baptism we had this month at IBBCB where we are serving in the meantime.
- Praise the Lord that we don’t have to move from where we are, the new owner will allow us to stay. We have not signed the new contract yet until the end of August. Pray that the new owner will not change his mind.
- Praise the Lord for answering prayers in regards to the extra printing of the Booklets.
Beloved Brethren, may the Love of the Almighty God, the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you All. Amen!
Brother Jean-Claude & Sister Matilde Guilbaud
Reach the World, Reach for Christ; Under His Wings Reaching the World for His Glory!
Existing Church Property in Santa Ana, Santa Ana
Property in Santa Ana, Santa Ana
Property in Santa Ana, Ciudad Colon