September 2019 – Prayer Letter
Dear Beloved Brethren,
Greetings and peace and love in the name of our eternal God, Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
As always, we thank our Lord Jesus Christ for taking us on this glorious journey, a journey of endless joy, speaking to our hearts, answering the call that He has given us and accepted the mission that is ahead of us to do His work according to His ways and will.
Praise the Lord, this journey is almost at an end; we can see the light at the end of the tunnel but there are still some obstacles to go over. As we keep on pressing on this glorious journey, the month of September wasn’t fruitful regarding meetings and conferences. Basically, we visited churches that are supporting us to give them an update of where we are and where we are heading for the next three months before we leave for Costa Rica early January 2020. On Sunday the 1st , we were at Central Baptist Church in Yorktown, VA, Pastor John Charles; on the 8th, we were at Liberty Baptist Church in Evington, VA, Pastor Jeff Chapman where I had the privilege to preach as well; on the 15th, we were at First Emmanuel Baptist Church, Pastor Romell Calillung for the morning service and in the evening at Tabernacle Baptist Church, our home church for a revival meeting until the 18th; on the 22nd, we were at Faith Baptist Church in Waverly, VA, Pastor Lewis Lawson and I had the privilege to preach; on the 29th, we were going to go to Iglesia Bautista Buenas Nuevas in Chesapeake, VA, Pastor Marvin Tobin but we couldn’t go. On Wednesdays we were at our home church.
As we press on, please pray and continue to pray for the following prayer request:
1. For wisdom and guidance as we are preparing the documents and for the Lord to guide us to the right people when we go back in early January 2020, per a meeting with our pastor regarding our departure, Lord willing! There is much more paperwork to be done in Costa Rica; it will take some time as well and we have to stay there, also, waiting during that time.
2. The next document to be apostilled is our background check which has to be done a week or two, before we leave for Costa Rica, in Virginia Beach and Richmond; no more than three months before submitting them to Immigration in Costa Rica.
3.Our health in order to work in His vineyard. My wife’s full recuperation with the cataract/astigmatism surgery, it’s taking longer then expected.
4. We need a miracle for our support to be at 100% or more by the time
we leave; we fervently pray for this to happen. God is able to make other
miracles and we pray that He will; He is able, with Him nothing is impossible.
We pray and humbly plead for your help, for the Lord’s provision and what He will have you to do according to His will. All donations and funds should be sent to Macedonia World Baptist Missions (MWBM) under SHIPPING- TRAVEL ACCOUNT.
* Support Levels
Our support is still at 80% but another church took us on for support, Faith Baptist Church in Ringgold, GA, Pastor Jim Thomasson. Glory to God! We are still waiting on one other Church. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE… we need your help!
* Safety with Travels
Pray that our Lord, God will keep on protecting us on the road.
* Schedule of Meetings
Our schedule is not full, we have no meetings in September, for now the Lord has blessed with one Mission Conference in Greensboro, NC and a meeting in Winston-Salem, NC in October, and another Mission Conference in November in Statesville, NC.
* Softness of Attitudes
Pray that our hearts would stay soft, to have a humble attitude, to stay close to God, and focus on Him not on men neither our circumstances. Brethren, we are excited to see on how the Lord will be working the rest of this year; we are also encouraged and at the same time comforted by His provision, protection and peace.
1. Praise the Lord! We got our marriage certificate apostilled in NYC; as we mentioned previously, all our documents have to be apostilled and translated to Spanish in order to get a permanent visa and be a legal resident.
2. Another national pastor in Limón, CR, Pastor Rodolfo Walters of First Baptist Church of Jerusalem; whom we know and have been keeping contact with ever since, I had the privilege to preach there when we were in Costa Rica for the first time, would like to see us start an Independent Baptist Church in Santa Ana, San Jose as well; there are no Independent Baptist Church there, with a population of about 18,000 thousand people. Beloved Brethren, we can see how God is opening doors for us as we focus our minds and hearts on Him and to work in His vineyard. We are always expecting the unexpected from God as we give Him the glory in all things!
Thank you, as always, for your kindness,
compassion and love, but most of all for your sensibility to the Holy Spirit of
God who dwells in you. We are deeply grateful for your continued prayers,
financial support and being behind our vision to further the Gospel of our Lord
and Savior Jesus Christ. Thank you as well to all who started helping towards
Brethren, may the love of the Almighty God, the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you All. Amen!
Brother Jean-Claude and Sister Matilde Guilbaud
Under His Wings Reaching the World for His Glory
In Christ alone