February 2019 – Prayer Letter
Dear Beloved Brethren,
Greetings and peace and love in the name of our eternal God, Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
As always, we thank our Lord Jesus Christ for taking us on this glorious journey, a journey of endless joy, speaking to our hearts, answering the call that He has given us and accepted the mission that is ahead of us to do His work according to His ways and will.
As we keep on pressing on this glorious journey, the month of February did not start well. From the 2nd through the 13th, I was traveling alone in North Carolina in the area of Thomasville (Hilltop Baptist Church, Pastor W. Seawell), High Point (Woodlawn Baptist Church, Pastor J. Gentle), Kernersville (Luz del Evangelio, Pastor Bob Green and Welcome Door Baptist Church, Pastor Brian Taylor), Lexington (Currytown Baptist Church, Pastor M. McDaniel), and Rural Hall, (Freedom Baptist Church, Pastor Jon White). On Monday the 11th and Tuesday the 12th, I was invited by the Assistant Pastor of Freedom B C, Pastor Clint Fredericks to a Revival meeting at Kerwin Baptist Church in Kernersville where Pastor Kenny Baldwin of Crossroads Baptist Church in Falls Church, VA was speaking (they are one of our supporting churches). My wife had to stay behind due to our 22 year old Siamese cat because she was on her last days, good thing my wife stayed because on the 8th, the cat died. On the 13th, my wife was in a car accident and the car was totaled, Praise God she didn’t have to go to the hospital, but on the 14th, I was on my way back to pick her up for meetings with Calvary Baptist Church, Pastor Richard Smith, for their Couples Retreat on Friday the 15th and Saturday the 16th. On Saturday the 16th in the afternoon, we left Virginia to go back to North Carolina for meetings. On Sunday the 17th in the morning, we were at Meadowview Baptist Church, Pastor Robert Hutchens; I had the privilege to teach Sunday school, present our ministry and preach during the morning service. In the evening, we were at Trulite Baptist Church, Pastor Jerry Whiteheart, in High Point, NC where we presented our ministry. We were blessed by staying at Meadowview Baptist Church prophet chamber from the 16th through the 23rd before heading to Lewisville, NC at Temple Baptist Church, Pastor Joshua Boles where we presented our ministry on Sunday the 24th, I had the privilege to teach Sunday school, present and preach in the evening service. On Wednesday the 27th, we were in Jonesboro, GA at Harvest Baptist Church, Pastor Joe Arthur where we presented our ministry; on the 28th, we were at Tabernacle Baptist Church, a Spanish Church, Pastor Fernando Barrios in Jonesboro, GA where I preached and presented our ministry as well.
We will be leaving Georgia the 2nd of March for meetings and conferences in Florida, North Carolina and also in Virginia during the month of March then back to Virginia Beach for a week from April 1st to 5th , then go to Salisbury, NC for a mission conference at Tabernacle Baptist Church on the 6th and 7th of April; after the conference we leave for Costa Rica on the 9th of April through the 30th in order to find a place to live, the location for the ministry and to start all the paper work needed for our residency in Costa Rica. We pray that everything will go well, Lord willing, and if it does, we look forward to our move sometime in June or July 2019.
As we press on, please pray and continue to pray for the following prayer request:
- For wisdom and guidance as we are preparing to leave for Costa Rica, for the Lord to guide us to the right people and the right place.
- We are in the process of speaking to the Migration and Immigration of Costa Rica; there is a lot of leg work to do and many papers to fill out.
- Our health in order to work in His vineyard. My wife’s cataracts surgery will be in May.
- We are need for a new car, preferably a van, to keep going to finish deputation; as mentioned in the earlier paragraph my wife’s car was in a wreck and is totaled.
- As we keep stressing, it is our goal, Lord willing, to be on the field by June or July 2019. As mentioned earlier in the previous paragraph, we are planning to go in April to look for a place to live, as well as the location for the ministry. We need a miracle for our support to be at 100% or more by the time we leave. God is able to make other miracles and we pray that He will; He is able, with Him nothing is impossible. He is good, so good!!
- We would like to bring to the table of your hearts, again, the following needs. We have started to check on our passage expenses (flight, moving, governmental fees, rental for housing and ministry, etc. etc.); we don’t have a final number yet but from what we have gathered so far, it could cost up to Twenty Five Thousand Seven Hundred and Thirty Six Dollars, ($25,736.00) perhaps more, hopefully not. So far, (1) for the flight, places to stay and the car rental (only from the 9th of April to the 30th) in order to mobilize when we are there will be about Four Thousand Three Hundred and Thirty Six Dollars for 21 Days ($4,336.00), that does not include food (Flight – $1,691.00 + Hotel – $1,323.00 + Car rental – $1,322.00.00/ Full coverage) these are the exact prices; (2) for the moving, door to door, it could be about Fourteen Thousand Dollars ($14,000.00), for a 40’ container, which includes one car but without the car it will be about 9K to 10K; (3) for governmental fees, taxes, etc. (Importation fees, Visa fees, it could be about Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000.00); (4) personal and ministry (rental of home and church building) about Five Thousand Four Hundred Dollars ($5,400.00) which includes one month security deposit and one month rent.
Beloved Brethren, Pastors and Churches, this is a lot of money; we pray and humbly plead for your help, for the Lord’s provision and what He will have you to do according to His will. We pray that the Holy Spirit of our Lord God will move your hearts; all donations and funds should be sent to Macedonia World Baptist Missions (MWBM) under Shipping- Travel account.
- Support Levels
Now we are at 76%, thanks to the Lord due to two more churches that took us on for support, Meadowview Baptist Church, Pastor Robert Hutchens, in Winston-Salem, NC and First Emmanuel Baptist Church, Pastor Rommel Callilung in Chesapeake, VA. We pray that it will be more by our next prayer letter and for churches’ hearts to me moved.
- Safety with Travels
Pray that our Lord, God will keep on protecting us on the road. In March, we will be in Florida, North Carolina, Virginia and Georgia; the first Sunday of April in North Carolina for Conference before we leave for Costa Rica.
- Schedule of Meetings
Our schedule is almost full in March 2019, except for one Wednesday. November in North Carolina for one conference, if we are not in Costa Rica, hopefully we will be, Lord willing!
- Softness of Attitudes
Pray that our hearts would stay soft, to have a humble attitude, to stay close to God, and focus on Him not on men neither our circumstances; also for the churches that we have been in contact with and presented. Brethren, we are excited to see on how the Lord will be working this year, we are also encouraged and at the same time comforted by His provision, protection and peace.
- Praise the Lord that my wife is alive. God is not finished with us yet, He has big plans for us in Costa Rica.
- The Lord is so good in giving us our health, providing and protecting us while we are on the road, despite of setbacks while serving Him.
Praise the Lord for everything! To God be the Glory, great things He has done, that He is doing and what He will do as we focus our eyes and hearts upon Him.
Thank you, as always, for your kindness, compassion and love, but most of all for your sensibility to the Holy Spirit of God whom dwells in you. We are deeply grateful for your continued prayers, financial support and being behind our vision to further the Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Brethren, may the love of the Almighty God, the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you All. Amen!
Brother Jean-Claude and Sister Matilde Guilbaud
Under His Wings Reaching the World for His GloryI