November 2023 Prayer Letter
Dear Beloved Brethren and Co-Laborers,
As always, we cannot over state this, we thank and we will keep on thanking our Eternal God, Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for sending us on this glorious mission. It is truly a joy as we do His will even in difficult times.We pray that His Holy Spirit will keep on guiding us in the right path of righteousness, to be obedient and faithful until the end, no matter what. We understand that we are living in difficult times and we do immensely thank you for your support, prayers and we praise the Lord for your faithfulness.
We want to thank every one of you for the generous Christmas gift we have received, it was truly an unexpected blessing. May the Lord bless you all in a special and mighty way and that these gifts be multiplied for His glory. May you all have a blessed Christmas and our Lord and Savior be exalted.
- Our health in order to continue and work in His vineyard.
2. Pray for the Church, Reaching for Jesus Christ Baptist Church in Santa Ana, Rio Oro for spiritual direction, protection and growth.
3. Pray that the LORD will send another national pastor to work with us,
4. Pray for wisdom as my wife works with the ladies.
5. Pray for our outreach in the neighborhood, evangelization each Saturday in the morning and visitations on Thursday evening; also for our Bible Studies and time of prayer on Wednesday evening.
6. Pray for available and dedicated laborers to come and be part of the church so we can form an association; we need ten members including my wife and I before we do. So far we have four which includes my wife and I.
7. Pray for the church’s faithfulness as we are supporting our first missionary (The Soto’s) from Costa Rica whom at the moment are in India.
8. Pray for our Wednesday Bible study as we are studying the Epistle of James and for its growth.
9. Pray for the following people so they can be faithful in congregating: Mrs. Amalia, Reina, Lidia, Liliana, Emiliano, Carlos and his family & many more.
10. Continue praying for our financial situation. Everything has been going up extremely, (i.e. gasoline – 850 Colones per liter which is about $6.44 per gallon; ½ a gallon of orange juice $6.78; one gallon of 2% milk, $12.80; property tax for the car, $628.25 per year; car insurance , $591.20 per semester, etc. etc.).
11. Pray for Mayela, she has accepted and received Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior into her heart with my wife; pray for my wife and sister Alicia (one of the members of the church) as they disciple her.
12. Pray for the churches that have stopped supporting us and that they will be sensible to the Holy Spirit and be faithful.
We are sustaining an 85% support by the grace of God with much sacrifice. By faith we have started this journey, by faith we are trusting in Him for His provision and by faith we will keep on serving Him as we do His work, according to His will.
Safety with Travels
Safety as we traveled in Costa Rica. Protection on the road as we traveled, especially in the mountains.
Schedule of Meetings
Now that we have started the church, it is not easy to leave for six months or more to get support, we have a big responsibility here and we want to be faithful to it; but with God nothing is impossible. He knows the churches that will support us so we can reach the goal even though we are not in the States.
Softness of Attitude
To stay close to God and focus on Him and the mission that is set before us, not on our circumstances because it very easy to get discourage at times and Satan, as always, wants to put his nose in God’s business.
- Praise the Lord for His continued protection and provision as we serve Him.
- Praise the Lord for the faithfulness of some members.
- Praise the Lord for the visitors each Sunday.
- Praise the Lord for Mayela, she visited the church once, then my wife and Sister Alicia went to visit her and she received Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior of her life.
My Beloved Brethren, we are extremely excited to see what God is going to do with us and the people of Costa Rica, we are under His will.
Beloved Brethren, may the Love of the Almighty God, the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you All. Amen!
Brother Jean-Claude & Sister Matilde Guilbaud
Reach the World, Reach for Christ; Under His Wings Reaching the World for His Glory!
P.S. We have been posting on Facebook Live videos of the services, it is under Iglesia Bautista Alcanzando Para Jesucristo at 10:00AM every Sunday morning.