January 2024 Prayer Letter
Dear Beloved Brethren and Co-Laborers,
As always, we cannot over state this, we thank and we will keep on thanking our Eternal God, Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for sending us on this glorious mission. It is truly a joy as we do His will even in difficult times. We pray that His Holy Spirit will keep on guiding us in the right path of righteousness, to be obedient and faithful until the end, no matter what. We understand that we are living in difficult times and we do immensely thank you for your support, prayers and we praise the Lord for your faithfulness.
- Continue praying for our health in order to continue to work in His vineyard.
- Continue praying for the Church, Reaching for Jesus Christ Baptist Church in Santa Ana, Rio Oro for spiritual direction, protection and growth. We are experiencing a dry season.
- Continue praying that the LORD will send another national pastor to work with us,
- Continue praying for wisdom as my wife works with the ladies.
- Continue praying for our outreach in the neighborhood, evangelization each Saturday in the morning and visitations on Thursday evening; also for our Bible Studies as we study the Epistle of James and time of prayer on Wednesday evening.
- Continue praying for available and dedicated laborers to come and be part of the church so we can form an association; we need ten members including my wife and I before we do. So far we have four which includes my wife and I.
- Continue praying for the church’s faithfulness as we are supporting our first missionary (The Soto’s) from Costa Rica whom at the moment are in India.
- Continue praying for the following people so they can be faithful in congregating: Mrs. Amalia, Reina, Lidia, Sandra, Carlos and his family.
- Pray about a possible property for the church, school and seminary close by to where we are meeting at the moment, about a five minute drive. The property is an excellent location, on a main road in the city with surroundings houses all around. The property is about 4,471 m2/ 44,556 SF and the cost is about $17.80 per square foot; that is an excellent price being in the city. I will give more information in our next prayer letter or before. I am meeting with the real estate agent Friday February 1st at 2:00PM to discuss more regarding the zoning and other things. This is a property that I believe God put in our way, after much prayers, which cannot be ignored. Pray as the Lord guides me to make decisions for His glory.
We are sustaining an 85% support by the grace of God with much sacrifice. By faith we have started this journey, by faith we are trusting in Him for His provision and by faith we will keep on serving Him as we do His work, according to His will.
Safety with Travels
Safety as we traveled in Costa Rica. Protection on the road as we traveled, especially in the mountains.
Schedule of Meetings
Now that we have started the church, it is not easy to leave for six months or more to get support, we have a big responsibility here and we want to be faithful to it; but with God nothing is impossible. He knows the churches that will support us so we can reach the goal even though we are not in the States.
Softness of Attitude
To stay close to God and focus on Him and the mission that is set before us, not on our circumstances because it very easy to get discourage at times and Satan, as always, wants to put his nose in God’s business.
- Praise the Lord for His continued protection and provision as we serve Him.
- Praise the Lord for the faithfulness of some members.
- Praise the Lord for the numerous tracts that we have received, it is truly a blessing that we didn’t have to pay for them, only for the import fees.
- Praise the Lord for the visit we had from our Field Mission Director at MWBM, Dr. Fred Kindhart; it was truly a blessing, a time of fellowship, encouragement and support.
My Beloved Brethren, we are truly and extremely excited to see what God is going to do with us during this New Year 2024; we are under His wings and His will.
Beloved Brethren, may the Love of the Almighty God, the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you All. Amen!
Brother Jean-Claude & Sister Matilde Guilbaud
Reach the World, Reach for Christ; Under His Wings Reaching the World for His Glory!
P.S. We have been posting on Facebook Live videos of the services, it is under Iglesia Bautista Alcanzando Para Jesucristo at 10:00AM every Sunday.