January 2020 – Prayer Letter
Dear Beloved Brethren,
Greetings and peace and love in the name of our eternal God, Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
As always, we thank our Lord Jesus Christ for taking us on this glorious journey, a journey of endless joy, speaking to our hearts, answering the call that He has given us and accepted the mission that is ahead of us to do His work according to His ways and will. Praise the Lord, we have safely arrived in Costa Rica; but there are still some obstacles to go over in Costa Rica where the real journey is yet to begin.
As we keep on pressing on this glorious journey, the month of January has been very hectic and stressful in continuing to prepare the documents for Immigration and other things such as bank, telephone, utilities etc.
As we press on, please pray and continue to pray for the following prayer request:
1. We have submitted our application to Immigration, now we have to wait a minimum of 3 months before we get an answer; when (NOT IF) the application is approved, we have a maximum of 2 years to stay in Costa Rica legally, then we can applied for an extension. As we wait, we will be helping a national pastor.
2. We need to have a bank account in order to have our support sent each month, but we are having a hard time finding one. There is one that was referred to us by Immigration, but it’s not approved yet. If we have to transfer money each month from the US to pay our bills, it will cost us $90.00 per transfer, (that is a lot of money) that was bot in our budget. It seems that we can’t have a bank account because we don’t have our residency yet. The same for a telephone, we have to get a prepaid one where the service is very limited and the cable/internet. There are a lot things that we couldn’t have known in the USA; now, we have to deal with those things.
3.Our health in order to work in His vineyard.
4. We need a miracle for our support to be at 100% or more; we fervently pray for this to happen. God is able to make other miracles and we pray that He will; He is able, with Him nothing is impossible.
We pray and humbly plead for your help, for the Lord’s provision and what He will have you to do according to His will. Regarding the extra funds needed per our Mid-September 2019 Prayer Letter, for our passage, which is $18,280.00, we have received up to date $5,420.00. We already have paid in full for the moving expenses; we have paid the security deposit and one month rent for the house; we bought a used car and paid for the insurance (by faith), the car cost us $4,490.00 more (LIFE IS VERY EXPENSIVE HERE, MORE THAN THE USA – e.g. a shaving cream that cost me $1.29 in the USA, here it cost me $4.89) All donations and funds should be sent to Macedonia World Baptist Missions (MWBM) under SHIPPING- TRAVEL ACCOUNT.
Our support is at 90%, due to our rent which was reduced by $295.00 and the rent for the ministry but not sure yet, and one more church that took us on for support, Gethsemane Baptist Church in Clarksville, GA (Glory to God! We are still praying for all the churches that we presented in the past to pray about partnering with us.
Safety with Travels
Pray that our Lord, God will keep on protecting us on the road here in Costa Rica, traffic can be a nightmare.
Schedule of Meetings
It will be a blessing if we can have meetings via the internet while we are in Costa Rica.
Pray that our hearts would stay soft, to have a humble attitude, to stay close to God, and focus on Him not on men neither our circumstances. Brethren, we are excited to see on how the Lord will be working here in Costa Rica as we focus on the work that is set before us.
- Praise the Lord for the house He has given us, it was within our previous budget (that was one of the prayers which we were praying for).
- Praise the Lord that we don’t have to leave the country every three months as we wait for our application to be approved by Immigration. (that was another prayer which we were praying for).
- Praise the Lord for the Church that we will be working with, in the meantime until we get all our application approved, in Hatillo 2, San José, Bible Baptist Church, Pastor Ricardo Valverde.
- Praise the Lord for the progress we are making with the documents in giving us grace and wisdom.
- Praise the Lord that our belongings will be delivered on February 4, and pray that nothing to be broken or stolen.
- Praise the Lord for all the contacts we have made since we our move to Costa Rica; many people are eager to come to the church which we are going to start; also the Church with whom we are working with, they are willing to help us in every way., that is a blessing!
Thank you, as always, for your kindness, compassion and love, but most of all for your sensibility to the Holy Spirit of God who dwells in you. We are deeply grateful for your continued prayers, financial support and being behind our vision to further the Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We infinitely thank all who are helping us.
Beloved Brethren, may the love of the Almighty God, the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you All, Amen!
Brother Jean-Claude & Sister Matilde Guilbaud
Under His Wings Reaching the World for His Glory!
In Christ alone