February 2020 – Prayer Letter
Dear Beloved Brethren,
and peace and love in the name of our eternal God, Lord and Savior Jesus
As always, we thank our Lord Jesus Christ for taking us on this glorious journey, a journey of endless joy, speaking to our hearts, answering the call that He has given us and accepted the mission that is ahead of us to do His work according to His ways and will. Praise the Lord, we are where the Lord wants us to be; but there are still some obstacles to go over and where the real journey is yet to begin.
As we keep on pressing on this glorious journey, the month of February has been very stressful as we continue settle in, we are slowly but surely trying to adjust.
Our field address is:
Santa Ana Hills Condominio,
San Jose, Santa Ana, Santa Ana 10901.
Our telephone numbers are:
Jean – Claude: Cell # – 1 + 506 + 8783 2171
Matilde: Cell # – 1 + 506 + 8908 0155
As we press on, please pray and continue to pray for the following prayer request:
1. We have submitted our application to Immigration as we mentioned in our last prayer letter, now we have to wait a minimum of three months before we get an answer; when (NOT IF) the application is approved, we have a maximum of 2 years to stay in Costa Rica legally, then we can applied for an extension. As we wait, we will be helping a national pastor.
2. Our health in order to work in His vineyard. The Lord has been good with us in keeping us in good health.
3. Place for the ministry, we have a location in mind. Pray that it will be still available by that time as doors are being opened; as of now, it still is. Pray that we can start the ministry there once we receive word from Immigration, they can be very hard if we don’t have our residency, but with the Lord “Nothing is impossible”, He already answered our prayers by staying here.
4. That the insurance company will be just and fair; we have about $10,000.00 worth of damages.
5. We need a miracle for our support to be at 100% or more; we fervently pray for this to happen. God is able to make miracles and we pray that He will; He is able, with Him nothing is impossible. We need this miracle as we are preparing to start the ministry; We pray and humbly plead for your help, for the Lord’s provision and what He will have you to do according to His will. Regarding the extra funds needed per our Mid-September 2019 Prayer Letter, for our passage, which is $18,280.00, we have received up to date $8,270.00.
Beloved Brethren, we are living by faith and trying to make ends meet; after we have paid for many things.
All donations and funds should be sent to Macedonia World Baptist Missions (MWBM) under SHIPPING – TRAVEL ACCOUNT.
Our support is still at 90%. We continue praying for all the churches that we have presented to in the past to pray about partnering with us.
Safety with Travels
Pray that our Lord, God will keep on protecting us on the road in Costa Rica, traffic can be a nightmare.
Schedule of Meetings
It will be a blessing if we can have meetings via the internet while we are in Costa Rica.
Softness of Attitude
Pray that our hearts would stay soft, to have a humble attitude,
to stay close to God and focus on Him, not on men, neither our circumstances.
Beloved Brethren, we are excited to see on how the Lord will be working here as
we focus on the work that is set before us.
- Praise the Lord for the progress we are making with the documents regarding Immigration in giving us grace and wisdom. We are going back in a couple weeks to confirm with them that we can stay here without leaving every three months even though they said it, it is better to be safe than sorry. There can be many surprises with the government here in Costa Rica.
- Praise the Lord that our belongings was delivered on February 12, after six weeks, thanks to the help of the US Embassy because if it wasn’t for them, our belongings would not have been released; many of our stuffs has been broken, scratched, ripped (e. g. Glass table, Chrome/Glass shelving, Wood shelving, Cubicles; two of my original paintings of which I have painted have been ripped; some items have been stolen, (e.g. one desktop computer with the wireless keyboard and mouse which contains all the ministry information, the other one was given without the hard drive/ mother board, only the shell; musical accessories, kitchen items, etc. etc.).
- Praise the Lord we found a Cable/TV, Internet and Land Line Phone without having problems; as well a bank.
- Praise the Lord for all the contacts we have made since we our move to Costa Rica; we have been spreading the Word and people are very receptive; many people are eager to come to the church which we are going to start; also the Church with whom we are working with, they are willing to help us in every way, that is a blessing!
- Praise the Lord that I had the privilege to preach at the church where we are serving at the moment.
- Praise the Lord! The pastor who invited us to come to Costa Rica, which was a requirement by Immigration, invited me to preach in a conference at his church in Liberia, Guanacaste, Pastor Eliecer Robles Jimenez. The letter of invitation was for all Costa Rica, not just in Guanacaste. What a blessing!
- Praise the Lord for the place where we are living, the administration will allow us to use community center for our bible study in the meantime that our documents are being reviewed by Immigration. We will start, Lord willing, after we meet with Immigration in a couple of weeks.
Thank you, as always, for your kindness, compassion and love, but most of all for your sensibility to the Holy Spirit of God who dwells in you. We are deeply grateful for your continued prayers, financial support and being behind our vision to further the Gospel of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We infinitely thank all who are helping us.
Beloved Brethren, may the love of the Almighty God, the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you All. Amen!
Brother Jean-Claude & Sister Matilde Guilbaud
Under His Wings Reaching the World for His Glory!
In Christ alone